Last time I posted it was December 17th and I promised to post again by the end of the week. As you well may have noticed, that did de-fi-ni-te-ly not happen (until now).
The reason for my absence is that is that yours truly was too busy procrastinating.
To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
Procrastination has been a horrible, but also kinda fun habit of mine for the past few years. (I should actually be studying for my international law final but here I am, writing a procrastination article instead…) It’s safe to say it has increased even more since I started college and started living on my own, since there’s no one to ask me if I’m not supposed to be studying instead of taking naps or watching series online.
I may or may not know I have some homework due, or that I have to study…but come on, EVERYTHING is more fun and entertaining than that! Every single time I find myself rushing to finish assignments or revisions at the last minute. But you know what…it has to stop…or at least it has to decrease. So I googled anti-procrastination tips and made a list out of the best 5 tips.
1) Make a smart to-do list including only the items you’re avoiding, not the ones you know you’ll do anyway. Then set deadlines.
2) Eliminate temptation to do something else.
3) Bargain with yourself. If you finish the business plan now, you can go to the movies later.
4) Come up with a consequence that will deter you from avoiding the task. If you don’t exercise at least two times a week, you have to give up talking on the phone with your friends.
5) Hang out with people who inspire you to take action.
Bad habits are hard to break (especially if you like them) but I’m gonna try to procrastinate less this semester and I’ll see how it goes…Some people work better under pressure, I just have to find out if maybe I’m one of them. Wish me luck!
xx Waleska ❤